Celina is in a unique position with a balanced budget and some of the lowest unemployment rates in the State. Because of this, we need to be looking to the future and focusing on rising issues that are already starting to make face. Like much of Ohio, Mercer County has had to confront a constant trend of losing its young and newly-educated population.
Our continued success is seriously dependent on maintaining our vibrant and growing city while also attracting and retaining our future generations.
How do we do it?
Creating a Safe and Beautiful Community
I believe in a Celina that is safe and inviting for residents, businesses, and tourists.
- Strong and well-funded safety services.
- Code enforcement that protects the vibrancy and safety of our community’s residences and public spaces.
- Collaboration that empowers community members to re-envision and reinvest in their community.
Attracting and Retaining Future Generations
Like much of Ohio, Mercer County has had to confront a constant trend of losing its young and newly-educated population.
- A budget that prioritizes investment in aging public infrastructure.
- A more open forum of ideas from business owners and residents.
- A proactive approach to residential housing and downtown development.
Investing Alongside Homeowners and Job Creators
Celina’s homeowners and job creators have invested their time, money, and passion into our community – we need to ensure the city does the same.
- Implementing a fellowship program as a partnership between local businesses, organizations, and young adults to show returning students we do have careers in their own backyard.
- Programming for our parks. We have created an amazing resource with our parks; now let’s use them to attract new and young families to our community.
- Starting a Celina Young Professionals group to provide networking opportunities and a voice in our community.